Wednesday 13 November 2013

Critical Reflection 2

Take aways from this course

This module has provided me much guidance with regards to essay writing. It was less daunting to start on my other essay assignments. I appreciate the process, as it is not something I would do. It definitely has been helpful in crafting an essay although I felt that the process was a little tedious. The feedback given by my peers and tutor was helpful in allowing me to see the areas I could improve on. The essay process is a valuable take away because I would not have paid much attention to my writing if not for this module. I am more aware of the mistakes I make while writing an essay now. Through the module, I found my weakness and was able to work on it. I did not structure my essay to flow and communicate my thoughts well. ES1102 has definitely not been a waste of time, it has reinforced the importance of what I usually overlook while writing essays. Other activities such as watching TED videos in class have been informative and engaging. Reading and providing feedback for my peers has helped me to be alert to the mistakes that I make in my own essays. It was interesting to read their essays because they have different ways of expressing their views and writing styles. Moving forward, skills learnt and re-emphasised during the module would help me in future writing assignments. I would also strive to improve my writing by trying to make time especially during the holidays to read more books. 

4 comments: